Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Best Ever Gorgonzola Salad


Manero's in Greenwich, Connecticut was probably my favorite Italian restaurant of all time. It was a small family owned Italian steakhouse with the best food I can remember eating. Everything on the menu was awesome, but my favorite was by far their Gorgonzola salad. Manero's closed several years ago and I've been dying to have another one of their amazing Gorgonzola salads. While I'll never be able to replicate it exactly, I think came pretty close! This salad pairs perfectly with almost any meal. Try it alongside a steak or with a big spaghetti dinner.

Best Ever Gorgonzola Salad

Salad Ingredients:
1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and torn into bite size pieces
1 large green pepper, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
4-5 tomatoes, diced (I used Campari tomatoes)
1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese

Dressing Ingredients:
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste

 Combine salad ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients until well mixed and pour over salad. Toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Kim Marr KalinskiMay 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM

    I grew up with Manero's salad too! My Dad, uncles, cousins, nephews and son worked there. Great food and my introduction to gorgonzola. Love it! Your salad sounds perfect! Also try some. Gorgonzola on your burger or in your mashec potatoes! Awesome flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm going to be posting my recipe for Gorgonzola garlic bread too. It's absolutely to die for!

    ReplyDelete