Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wedding Soup


There's nothing like homemade soup on a cold fall day. I've always had an obsession with soup and this wedding soup recipe is one of my favorites. My stepmom, Nancy, shared the recipe with me years ago and I've been making it ever since!

 

Wedding Soup Recipe


Ingredients:
16 cups water
3 1/2 cups boneless chicken breast
1 lb. ground beef
1 cube beef bouillon
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
12 chicken bouillon cubes (I prefer Herbox brand)
1 1/2 cups acini di pepe (or other small pasta)
3 cups chopped spinach

Cook chicken in water until done. Strain top of water. Take chicken out and shred. Put shredded chicken back into water. Meanwhile, combine thyme, breadcrumbs, ground beef and parmesan cheese in mixing bowl. Using garlic press, add 3 cloves of garlic. Dissolve 1 cube beef bouillon in 1 cup water and add 1/4 cup to mixture, adding more if mixture is too dry. Mix well with hands. Mold into small meatballs and spread on a foiled lined cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.














Add chicken bouillon cubes, spinach, acini di pepe and meatballs to soup. Cook 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Serve with grated parmesan.















Tip: I usually throw the cooked chicken into my Kitchen Aid mixer to shred it. Just use the flat beater and turn it on for a few seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment